Having tar stuck to or gravel in the tread of your tyres can be detrimental to the lifespan and performance of your tyre and is picked up all the time as you drive.
How To Clean Up
You will need:
- Plastic knife.
- Stiff scrubbing brush.
- Mild detergent.
- Linseed oil.
- Get the plastic knife or a suitable rigid plastic tool and carefully scrape the tar from the tyre.
- If the tar has had time to dry it becomes hard, use a stiff scrubbing brush and some mild detergent.
- Pour linseed oil on and leave for thirty minutes. Using your plastic knife or tool, scrape off the remaining tar. Something like WD40 can also be used.
- It may take up to several attempts to clear completely.
- With gravel stuck in the tread use you plastic knife or tool to remove the remaining stuck pieces.