Can Servicing Save Money?
Posted on March 14, 2018
As the old saying goes…
‘Look after your car, Your car looks after you.’
Having a Full Service, Interim or even a simple Oil Change can help wonders with your car.
Here are some reasons why you should service your car on a regular basis;
- Keeps your car running smoothly.
- Fresh clean oil put in to your engine during a service reduces friction inside of the engine meaning less energy is needed to run it. Less energy less fuel.
- Tyres are checked during a service, correctly inflated reduces fuel costs and extends the life of your tyres. This saves you money.
- Fuel Filter changes (unless lifetime) during a full service, one of the four filters changed, catches impurities, particles and debris in petrol or diesel. If not changed this can lead to leak and loss of fuel will occur over time.
- Changing the Oil Filter is just as essential as the Fuel Filter. Once the filter gets full enough, it will start to bypass it and pass unfiltered oil back in to the engine mix. This ensures your engine will not fail outright from oil starvation.
- Though the Air Filter does not seem as important as the other two filters mentioned, but it gets clogged just as much as the others with impurities and dirt in the air. The air flow is essential to the fuel mix, the engine efficiency and emissions.
Lots of customers keep up with there service record for when they plan to resell there Vehicle, many people like to know a car they are going to purchase has a good service history. This will make a difference in price when you finally sell.